Bulk Metering Management Model
The diagram below indicates
the process of Issuing Vouchers
The Process of Purchasing Voucher
Numbers and Account Management
- The Tenant has the choice of purchasing Voucher Numbers
from various outlets:
- Over the internet where computer links via to
the central Utility Vending Database.
- Via a Cellular Phone registered to his account
and Credit Card or Prepaid Vending Machines that link using GPRS
to the central Utility Vending Database.
- Mobile Low Cost Point of Sale (POS) terminals
located at the complex that connect to the central vending database
via GPRS to the central Utility Vending Database.
- At many participating 3rd Party websites and
vendors comprising; retail outlets, banks, ATMs and virtually
any merchant that has a GPRS enabled POS terminal linked to the
central Utility Vending Database (e.g. Pick n Pay).
- The Tenant receives a printed Voucher Number on his
receipt of payment or via text message to his cellphone which he the
enters into his Meter Mate Prepaid Meter.
- All payments received by the central Utility Vending
Database are held in an account and aggregated according to their
respective meter numbers. These in turn are combined together into
a bulk account per property.
- The money collected in the Bulk Metering Account
is automatically paid over to the Owner / Manager less the percentage
management fee deducted for Meter Mate services.
- Management reports can be drawn off the Meter Mate
Utility Vending Database that can be used to:
- Track trends to help with maintenance and peak
- Monitor the accuracy of the council meter and
the amount being billed by the Council.
- Measure the consumption of individual meters
and detect any fraud or irregularities.
- Give valuable feedback and advice to Tenants
and advise them on excess consumption.
- Identify problem clients and restrict their purchase
of recharge Vouchers.