and Tools for Prepaid Electric Meters
Click on the item below
to view details:
City Power Tips on safety and how to save electricity
Download a useful Domestic Consumers Education
Leaflet from City Power by clicking
here. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
to view it. You can get it by clicking
Make sure you are on the best Tariff Structure
for your requirements
- The rates charged by City Power are either
- Life Line - single phase only
- Two Part Tariff - single and three phase
- Know what rate you are on
- What is best for you?
- If you use under 800 Kwh per month then it is
better to be on the life line.
- If you are using over 800Kwh per month it is
better to be on the Two part tariff.
- By being on the wrong tariff option you could
be overpaying by hundreds of rands per month.
- How to change to a different rate structure
- Fill out the form and fax it City Power
- Keep calling them until you see that you have
been swapped over
Checking Meter Readings and the procedure for
Most meters are easy to read when you know how. It is
advisable to ensure that your meter readings are either taken by the
council meter reader or by yourself on a regular basis. You can submit
them online at www.joburg.org.za
By keeping your readings up to date you can prevent any nasty surprises
in the form on a huge bill which has been built up by incorrect estimates
on your account for months or even years.