The Process of Purchasing Voucher Numbers
The Tenant / Sectional Title Owner meter runs out of electricity.
They have the choice of purchasing Voucher Numbers from various outlets:
- Over the Internet using a Credit Card and connecting to the central Meter Mate Vending Database.
- Using a Cellular Phone and a Credit Card registered to his account
- Prepaid Vending Machines that link using GPRS to the central Utility Vending Database
- At many participating 3rd Party websites and vendors comprising; retail outlets, banks, ATMs and virtually any merchant that has a GPRS enabled POS terminal linked to the central Utility Vending Database.
The Tenant / Sectional Title Owner receives a printed Voucher Number on his receipt of payment or via text message to his cell phone which he the enters into his Meter Mate Prepaid Meter.
All payments received by the central Utility Vending Database are held in an account and aggregated according to their respective meter numbers. These in turn are combined together to make up the Aggregated Metering Account
The money collected in the Aggregated Metering Account, less the agreed Admin Fee is then paid over at month end to the Managing Agent or Body Corporate Bank Account, the Retail Electrical Provider (R.E.P. e.g. Eskom or the local City Council) via EFT.
Management reports can be drawn off the Meter Mate Utility Vending Database that can be used to:
Track trends to help with maintenance and peak demand times.
Monitor the accuracy of the bulk R.E.P. meter and the amount being billed by the Council.
Measure the consumption of individual meters and detect any fraud or irregularities.
Give valuable feedback and advice to Tenants / Sectional Title Owners and advise them on excess consumption.
Meter Mate Prepaid Percentage Management Model
There is no charge for setting up the management system. A fee may be charged for the registration of meters on the system. This is dependent on the amount of meters registered at any one time and
the cost per meter decreases as the number of meters increases.
Meter Mate will charge a management fee for the collection of electricity payments from Tenants / Sectional Title Owners.
- Do away with Electricity Meter Reading Companies.
- Collect payment for electricity up front, before consumption.
- Save on admin costs due to the elimination of post consumption billing.
- Eliminate account disputes as each tenant pays for what they use up front.
- Tenant is in control of his own meter and consumption and can easily monitor usage from the digital display on the meter or keypad in his unit.