Meter Mate Outreach
Meter Mate is very proud of their Outreach department which is run by staff volunteers. The Outreach department focuses primarily on two beneficiaries namely Lefika la Phodiso (https://lefikalaphodiso.co.za/) and Moletsane Foundation (@MoletsaneFoundation (facebook)). These are both aftercare centres that provide free aftercare services for vulnerable children in the CMI Building, Jhb Inner City and 1239 Makakula Street, Moletsane Location Soweto.
Most of our activities are directed towards activities and fund raising for these two beneficiaries, however we also try to provide ad hoc relief to communities in need or affected by natural disasters such as floods and fires.
Our major project for 2022 is to launch a much-needed reading programme in these centres and also to encourage parent participation in these centres. To do this we have devised an incentive programme that will encourage children and parents alike to become more involved. Currently all our fundraising will be directed towards funding this incentive programme.
Meter Mate Outreach proposes a two-pronged approach:
- Incentivising existing “Volunteens” that are currently helping younger children with their reading thus helping to create and build listening and reading skills within the aftercare group as well as provide the older “Volunteens” with a small financial incentive in the form of vouchers that will help them manage their lives more effectively.
- Motivating parents to become more involved the facility that provides their children with free therapeutically aligned aftercare
- In addition to this we are also involved with a kitchen upgrade at Lefika la Phodiso
- We are also actively involved in providing much needed food to both of our beneficiaries as and when donations are received there is surplus funding.
How can you help?
- Make a CASH donation, using the Snapscan code below and select “Meter Mate Outreach”. All cash donations are eligible for an 18A certificate.
- Corporate / Individual Sponsorship opportunities for the reading programme are available to find out more about this please contact please contact Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate any secondhand kitchen cupboards, shelves, paint, flooring etc that can be used in the kitchen refurbishment project.
Moletsane Foundation – Soweto
- Moletsane Foundation is a centre that keeps children out of the street so that they are not exposed to drugs and teenage pregnancy. They also help them with homework and food when they come back from school.
- They also entertain them with by doing gum boots dancing, dance and drama.
- Ingelosi Foundation donated them 2 Wonderbags
- For Mandela Day they will be receiving clothing parcels, blankets and treats.
- We are also collecting sanitary pads and non-perishable food for them.
Facebook: Moletsane Foundation Facebook Page
Lefika La Phodiso - Inner city
•This is children’s art and drama aftercare therapy centre.
•Ingelosi Foundation donated 2 Wonderbags.
•We are helping Lefika la Phodiso with a project of refurbishing the kitchen.
•They have been connected to the food network and are getting food donations nearly every week.
•We are also collecting sanitary pads and non-perishable food for them.
Sanitary Pad Drive
- There are 3 ways you can donate:
- Bring pads to Ingelosi Foundation.
- Donate spare change in the tub provided at Ingelosi Foundation.
- Snapscan and select " Sanitary Pads".
- Help our girls get back to school with confidence by donating Pads and creating hygiene awareness
- There are 3 ways you can donate:
The Ingelosi Foundation proudly distributed 200 Wonderbags over the course of 6 months.
To do this we hosted numerous activations at venues throughout the Inner City.
We focussed primarily on ECD’s in the Inner City but were also able to give to needy families and individuals.
The Wonderbag is a slow cooker that saves electricity, time and water. It can also keep food warm or act as a cooler bag, perfect for picnics!
We hope that by distributing Wonderbags we are helping change lives and play a part in contributing to a greener environment.
Michaelhouse Community Partnership
Ingelosi Foundation (under the auspices of Meter Mate) recently made a donation to Michaelhouse Community Partnership which is an organisation that is aimed assisting with education in rural KZN schools. The Michaelhouse Community Partnership are a huge help to schools who are short of staff. They assist with reading programmes, cooking and general admin support. Our donation has been earmarked to assist with IT programmes in the schools that they support.
Peas in a Pod
Peas in a Pod aims to make every child to feel secure in the early learning environment, to allow each individuals to develop intellectual abilities at their own pace and to help children to develop confidence in their physical abilities by providing activities to encourage both fine and gross motors skills.
They provide a safe environment and learning culture for children to be active and engaged learners. Ingelosi Foundation makes regular financial contributions to this worthy cause.